KingDome Inc is bringing to North America and the world models with ETFE. Longest lasting and most efficient greenhouse cover available.
We have ETFE available for high tunnels too. Quit replacing covers yearly. Install once and done for 30 years.
Growing cannabis. This should be your cover. More efficient than glass.
Same cover used on the Eden projects is now available on all KingDome Inc domes and dometunnels .
ETFE, or Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene, is an exciting addition to the selection of membrane materials. It is a highly transparent extruded film applied either as a single layer membrane or as a multilayer pneumatically inflated cushion. The material has good UV stability, as well as chemical and heat resistance. At just 1% the weight of glass the material is revolutionizing the construction industry – allowing us to create structures previously unimaginable.
Key Benefits of ETFE Film:
- Light transmission up to 95 %
- Available in clear, matte, opaque white, and some limited colors
- Light-weight material (esp. compared to PC, PMMA , Glass)
- Superior tear strength
- 100% recyclable
- Absorbs noise
- Long life of more than 30 years
- Long-term weatherabilty
- Self-cleaning because of very good anti-adhesive surface properties
- Printable (e.g. sun protection) with a wide variety of frits to reduce heat gain
- High permeability to light in the visual and UV wave range
- Great chemical resistance to acids and alkali
- Doesn’t promote mold growth
- Insects don’t like lighting with greenhouse treatment.
- Insulation of a two-layer air gap is highly efficient when cooling and/or heating.
- Great for greenhouse and cannabis growing.